Portions of the Shreveport Water System have been cleared from the boil advisory. Customers in the following zip codes may now resume the normal use of their water supplied by the City of Shreveport:
Customers in zip codes 71119 and 71129 remain under the boil advisory until samples from those areas are analyzed and approved by the Louisiana Department of Health. These customers will be notified when their area is cleared, which may be as early as tomorrow morning.
After an advisory is lifted, it is recommended that you:
• Flush all household plumbing and appliances through the cold water taps for at least 5 minutes. Longer service lines may require additional flushing.
• Dump ice from automatic ice makers that were in service during the boil advisory. To completely flush out the lines, dump at least three batches of ice made after the advisory has been lifted. Disinfect the ice storage bins, as well.
• For hot water tanks, inline filters, or water coolers, run enough water through the system to replace at least one full volume of the lines and tanks.
• Replace any disposable water filters.
• If you experience any issues, please contact 673-7600.
With the restoration of water and return to normal use, citywide and parishwide water distributions by the Caddo Office of Homeland Security, City of Shreveport, and Parish of Caddo have been discontinued.
For questions regarding this press release, please contact Cindy Chadwick at (318) 681-0666